Durham University Hatfeild Lioness 2020 Scholarship for Female International Student
About the Award
Hatfield College aims to award the Lioness Scholarship to an individual who has the academic and personal qualities to enable them to complete and benefit from a postgraduate course, and who will also act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, and put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s programme and experience in Durham to good use for the benefit of their society when they return home.
The scholarship has been set up as part of the celebration of 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, University of Durham, and is funded by alumni, friends of the College and other sources supportive of the scholarship’s aims
Applicants must be female students from developing countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, DR Congo, Rep. Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, The Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. People’s Rep., Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guines, Rwanda, Somalia, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Yemen, Rep, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Applicants must have applied for and been offered an unconditional place on their chosen master’s programme by the end of June 2020.
They must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
Applicants must not be in receipt of any other scholarship to fund their postgraduate studies.
Year of Entry: The scholarship is available for students starting a degree programme in October 2020.
The scholarship award will cover:
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses – 12 monthly payments
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
Duration of Programme: One academic year
How to Apply:
- Submit an academic application for your chosen master’s programme; within this application you should reference your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship
- Submit an application for the Scholarship on this Application form
Deadline: March 31, 2020
To get more information, visit Hatfield Lioness Scholarship.