Canon Collins Thekgo Bursary 2020
Interested candidates can now start applying for the Canon Collins Thekgo Bursary 2020
In 2019, in response to the new funding of Higher Education by the South African government, the Canon Collins Thekgo Bursary has been restructured from providing registration fee for first year students to providing bursaries that alleviate undergraduate students’ debt. Students who have completed their undergraduate/Honours studies, but their degree certificates/academic records have been withheld due to outstanding debt owed to the university, can apply for debt relief of up to R20,000 in the following disciplines:
- Languages and Literature
- Media Studies
- Gender Studies
- Arts (Digital Arts, Drama/Performance Studies, Visual Arts/Fine Arts, History of Art, Film and Television Studies, Music)
In 2020 these bursaries will be awarded to completed undergraduate students who have already missed at least one graduation and/or were not able to receive the degree certificate due to outstanding debt of up to R20,000 with any public university in South Africa.
- be a national of, or have refugee status in any African country.
- have completed undergraduate studies (three year or four year Bachelor or Honours degree) in a degree programme within Thekgo’s focus disciplines in the Humanities, listed above, at any public university in South Africa.
- have missed one graduation already and/or was not able to receive the degree due to outstanding debt not exceeding R20,000 owed to the university
- demonstrate academic merit
- demonstrate financial need
We usually dispense about 5-7 bursaries per year depending on the number of applicants. The selection committee decides on the actual amount that will be awarded to individual successful applicants.
This bursary is now open for applications. Download the application form, save a copy on your computer, and fill it in. You must return the form to the Canon Collins office by email to email@example.com along with your supporting documents. Please read the guidelines for applying for more information on eligibility and selection criteria before applying.
Deadline: 31st March 2020 at 3pm GMT.
Click here to apply.