Alibaba GET Global Challenge 2020
Deadline: May 4, 2020
The African Leadership University in Collaboration with the Alibaba Business School Global Ecommerce Talent Programme is organizing the Africa edition of the GET Global Challenge 2020. The Challenge is themed: Digital Solutions during COVID-19 and beyond. The Africa edition is a part of the larger Global competition hosted by Alibaba Business School and is taking place in several countries across the world. Read more about it here. The challenge is seeking for innovative digital solutions to support people, businesses and institutions during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
- 18 to 30 years of age
- Sign up as teams of 3-5 members, with at least one member that can communicate effectively in English Language
- Have a new business idea or a running business that has been in operation for less than 1 year
- Have not received institutional funding of more than USD100,000 for the current project
- Up to 14,000 USD of business funding
- A digital economy discovery trip to Alibaba Headquarters in Hangzhou, China
- Admission to Alibaba GET Talent bank, connected with potential mentors, investors, employers, and business opportunities
- Special prizes at regional level to be announced
In addition, participants will get access to:
Premium digital economy and entrepreneurship education content through online trainings from Alibaba Business School and from African Leadership University
The initial applications require basic information as follows:
- Details of every team member
- A short description of the problem you are trying to solve
- A short description of your proposed solution
- A short statement on why your team is best fit to solve this problem.
For more information, visit here.