2020 APAC HPC-AI Competition ($5,000 Award)
High Performance and Artificial Intelligence supercomputers are the essential tools we need to conduct research, enable scientific discoveries, design new products, and develop self-learning software algorithms. Supercomputing leadership means scientific leadership, which explains the investments made by many governments and research institutes to build faster and more powerful supercomputing compute and storage platforms.
The ever-increasing demand for higher supercomputing performance is driving the creation of new data center accelerators and processing units. Previously, CPUs and GPUs were the main sources of compute power. However, the exponential increase in data volume and higher problem complexity have led to the development of a new processing unit – the IPU, or I/O processing unit. IPUs are interconnect elements that include In-Network Computing engines. These engines participate in the application runtime and analyze application data as it is being transferred within the data center, or at the edge. The combination of CPUs, GPUs and IPUs creates the next generation of data center and edge computing architectures.
The APAC HPC-AI Competition encourages international teams in the APAC region to showcase their HPC and AI expertise in a friendly yet spirited competition that builds critical skills, professional relationships, competitive spirits and lifelong comraderies.
Co-organized by the HPC-AI Advisory Council and the Singapore National Supercomputing Center, the 2020 APAC HPC-AI Competition will run from May 20, 2020 through October 15, 2020.
Note the following：
1. The HPC-AI Advisory Council will finalize the list of competitive teams by May 20, 2020.
2. All teams should submit presentation slides together with their code before October 15, 2020.
3. The HPC-AI Advisory Council will announce the presentation review agenda on October 19, 2020.
4. The presentation review is scheduled from October 26 to November 6, 2020 via video conference). Each team will have 30 minutes to present and 30 minutes for Q&A.
5. The final results will be announced at the Supercomputing Conference 2020 in November 2020, in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. .
6. The award ceremony will take place at the SupercomputingAsia 2021 conference in Singapore.
The competition, which is open to university and technical institute teams from across the entire APAC region, includes both creating missions and addressing challenges around AI development and testing, and high-performance computing workloads.
The winning teams will receive awards as listed below. The first place team will be invited to participate in the 2021 International ISC Student Cluster Competition, to be held in Germany, June 2021.
Prizes to be won
- First Place (one team): $5,000 (USD) and a reserved spot representing APAC at the 2021 International ISC Student Cluster Competition
- Second Place (one team): $3,000 (USD)
- Third Place (one team): $1,500 (USD)
- Merit Prize (up to three teams): $1,000 (USD)
- Each team member will receive a certificate.
For more information, visit here.
Click here to apply.